Tuesday 7 July 2015

British Downhill Series, Bala, 28th June 2015


Nelly's here!

Rolled into Bala with my family on Friday afternoon, having never ridden here before and from what other riders had been saying I kinda guessed that I was in for a surprise.  Sure enough after setting up camp I headed up the track and the rumours were confirmed, it looked totally sweet, seemed to flow really well with some sick features thrown in, just as I like them!


Saturday morning and the sun was shining, I couldn't wait to smash some runs down the track. The great weather stayed all day and the bike was riding mint although it took a while to get my lines dialled in I got there eventually.  


After eight runs I called it a day and headed off to wash the bike down.

Awaking on Sunday morning to the pitter patter of rain I realised that it was going to be a wet one, damn!  After riding in the previous day's dust and getting the course nailed down this was horrible and my practice runs were not good.  


My seeding didn't go well as I crashed a few times mid-run like a lot of people, the course was a quagmire in parts. With the seeding run out of the way my race run went well, I lost a little time in the woods but crossed the line in 8th place which I was really happy with considering.

Next up is Moelfre, see you all on the mountainside!

Nelly.

No comments:

Post a Comment