Wednesday 22 July 2015

British Downhill Series, Round 5 - Moelfre, 11th & 12th July 2015



The Nelly posse rocked into the sun filled valley of Moelfre for the fifth round of the British National Series on the Friday evening.  After we set up the camp I headed off to walk the track and see how sick it was gonna be.

On Saturday morning the sun was out, we were all stoked up and ready to go, the track was riding sick and so was my Frank The Welder steed.  After smashing seven pinned runs I headed back with no injuries or breakages.


By Sunday morning the dust had thankfully dampened down making the track even faster.  I had a disappointing seeding run where I crashed half way down, I was gutted and knew I had to pull out all the stops in my race run.



Sadly the race run went to pot after I lost a lot of time stalling in a turn and this put me down into 15th, although that isn't too shabby I was hoping for a podium.  That's racing for you.

I had an admission that I won't be at the National Champs, it's the summer break and I will be heading over to Morzine to get the metal down, see you all when I get back.

Nelly.

No comments:

Post a Comment